THREE fire crews were called out to an incident at a flat near Chester.

One fire engine from Chester, one fire engine from Ellesmere Port and one fire engine from Powey Lane attended the scene at about 1.55pm yesterday (Saturday, February 3) in Heath Lane.

A spokesperson for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews were called to a report of a kitchen fire inside a flat.

"Firefighters used two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a large fan to extinguish the fire.

"The fire is believed to have been caused by a cardboard box being left on a cooker hob."