TWO fire crews were required at a home in Chester last night (Sunday, November 19) after reports of a cooking fire.

Firefighters arrived on Lorne Street near the city centre at around 7.30pm after a smoke alarm was heard coming from a property. Upon arrival they found the occupier had removed an air fryer from the building.

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to check inside the property.

They dampened the affected area where the fire had started. No casualties were reported at the scene.