MORE than two dozen people have been banned from attending Chester FC matches in the aftermath of a pitch invasion at the club's final game of last season.

A large-scale pitch invasion at the Deva Stadium marred the end of the club's National League North play-off semi-final defeat against Brackley Town on Sunday, May 7. Projectiles could be seen thrown from the pitch invaders in the direction of the away supporters.

Chester FC has confirmed it has now issued a further 25 individuals with indefinite club bans for their alleged involvement in the crowd disorder.

Following the match, Cheshire Police opened an investigation into the disorder that remains ongoing, with two individuals charged so far and further prosecutions pending.

A statement from the club said: "The football club has been working closely with the police to ensure those involved were identified and held to account for their actions.

"The club bans prevent these individuals from entering the Deva Stadium and information will be shared with other clubs to stop them attending away fixtures.

"Anti-social or criminal behaviour of any sort will not be tolerated at Chester Football Club. Individuals who behave in this manner put players, officials and supporters at risk, tarnish our reputation, and damage the club financially.

"We are committed to making sure the Deva Stadium remains a safe, welcoming environment on matchdays, and expect all supporters to behave responsibly."

A man who was prosecuted following a Chester FC pitch invasion at a separate home match, in the club's 0-0 draw against Chorley on April 7, was handed a three-year Football banning Order.

Aidrian Callaghan, 34, of Oak Road, Chester, pleaded guilty to invading the pitch and throwing a flare.

As part of the three-year Football Banning Order, Callaghan is banned from attending any football match in the UK, and can be required to surrender his passport for when England play matches abroad.

He is also prohibited from being in the boundary of the Deva Stadium, or from any Cheshire ground involving Chester FC, from two hours before a Chester FC match to two hours after the game ends.