A CHESTER court order has given bailiffs the power to recover possessions for a hair salon which was ordered to pay over £7,000 for serious fire breaches.

Another summons for enforcement of payment was made at Chester Magistrates Court on Friday, November 5, in respect of Trinette Hair Professionals Chester.

It follows a similar court hearing in May, when the debt was unpaid.

The salon was formerly based in Bridge Street Row, and was left vacant after court imposed costs totalling £7,440 on the business owner.

Back on February 1, Mehmet Zahir Adibelli, owner of Trinette Hair Professionals (Chester), appeared at Warrington Magistrates Court, after previously pleading guilty to nine breaches of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.

At the sentencing hearing, District Judge Nicholas Sanders said Adibelli "had failed to set their mind towards fire safety and didn’t appreciate that these significant risks could have resulted in serious injuries or death."

Judge Sanders ordered Adibelli to pay £2,250 fines (£250 for each breach), £5,000 costs and a £190 victim surcharge – totalling £7,440.

According to Chester Magistrates Court documents for November 5, the amount outstanding remained £7,440.

A distress warrant has been issued and directed to warrant of control.

In practice, that empowers the bailiff to collect the amount shown on the order for payment, together with their fees for executing the warrant.

The bailiff can enforce the warrant by levying and removing goods, or may agree an instalment arrangement with the debtor.

The investigation into Trinette Hair Professionals began after firefighters were called out to a water leak at the Bridge Street Coffee shop below the hair salon on Wednesday, June 19, 2019.

While in attendance, firefighters needed to access the salon to investigate the source of the leak.

After entering the two-storey salon on Chester Rows in Bridge Street, crews discovered that it was being used as sleeping accommodation.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service’s Protection team was informed and a fire safety inspection was subsequently conducted at the site.

During the inspection the team found a number of serious fire safety deficiencies, which were putting the lives of customers and staff at risk.

These included the absence of fire detectors throughout the premises.

The team also found that the fire extinguishers in the salon had not been serviced since 2012 and no fire risk assessments had been conducted at the premises to place to help reduce the chances of a fire occurring.