A PERSON was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a property in Ellesmere Port.

The occupant of the mid terrace house in Princes Road was treated at the scene by paramedics shortly after 2pm today (Saturday, May 1).

Two fire crews were called to reports of the fire in a first floor bedroom.

On arrival at the property, two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

The crews then used a large fan to clear the smoke from the building and a thermal imaging camera to check for any hotspots.

Firefighters were detained at the scene for about an hour and 45 minutes.