FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a fire at a property in Chester.

Two fire crews responded to the blaze in Pulford Road, Blacon, shortly before 3.20pm today (Monday, February 22).

On arrival a smoke alarm was sounding and an occupier was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

A fire involving burnt food in a microwave had caused the smoke.

The fire was out on arrival.

Firefighters took the microwave out of the house and made sure that it was safe, monitoring its temperature with a thermal imaging camera.

They also used a large fan to clear the house of smoke.

The occupier was assessed by paramedics.

Firefighters left the address once they were satisfied that the house and the microwave were safe.

They were in attendance for about half-an-hour.