THE living room windows of a property in Ellesmere Port were blown out after a log burner exploded.

Two fire crews were called out to the house in Princes Road shortly before 8.40pm last night (Monday, November 23).

The small explosion caused the living room windows to shatter but did not cause a fire.

Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.

One woman inside the property was treated for shock by paramedics.

It is believed to have been caused by an aerosol next to the log burner.