A WOMAN was treated by paramedics following a flat fire in Chester.

Three fire crews attended the property on Kingsway at about 5.25pm yesteerday (Saturday, September 19)

The fire was located in the kitchen area.

Wearing two breathing apparatus, crews tackled the fire using a main jet.

The occupants were removed safely from the property with one woman being handed into the care of paramedics.

Two covering jets were also put in place.

Once the fire was extinguished a large fan was used to disperse the smoke.

An extension ladder was used to check for void spaces.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a cooker left unattended.

Crews were in attendance for about three hours.