A PERSON was taken to hospital after being rescued from a house fire in Ellesmere Port.

Firefighters were called to the blaze at a property on Valley View in Great Sutton at 7.55pm yesterday (August 9).

Two fire engines from Ellesmere Port attended the incident which involved a fire in the kitchen.

Four firefighters rescued one person from the house who was taken to hospital.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Firefighters were called following reports of a fire at a domestic property on Valley View. On arrival the crews discovered a fire in the kitchen of the property.

"Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued one person from the house. The person was taken to hospital by North West Ambulance Service.

"Crews were on scene for one hour and 20 minutes."

A North West Ambulance Service spokeswoman confirmed that an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle was sent to the scene after they received a call at 8.05pm.

She added that a patient was taken to the Countess of Chester Hospital.