AN overheating fridge is believed to have started a fire in a static caravan near Chester.

Firefighters attended the blaze involving the wooden cladded caravan on Moor Lane, Lowton, near Chester yesterday (Sunday, May 31) at shortly after 7.15pm.

One fire crew from Chester and a crew from Powey Lane attended.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and one covering jet to put out the fire.

They then used a thermal imaging camera to monitor the temperature.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The fire is thought to have been caused by an overheating fridge.

"Crews were in attendance for approximately three hours."