FOUR fire crews were called out to a house fire near Ellesmere Port.

At about 6.40pm today (Saturday, May 23) firefighters received multiple reports of an outbuilding fire on Hawthawn Road, Little Sutton.

Four fire crews were dispatched to the scene and on arrival they discovered a shed fire which had spread to a neighbouring house.

Two firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.

The crews also used a main jet to cool a number of gas cylinders which were located in the shed.

After extinguishing the fire the crew removed damaged decking and part of a conservatory at the rear of the house. They used a thermal imaging camera to check for any hotspots.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical fault in the shed.

Firefighters were in attendance at the incident for about three hours.