A WOMAN was taken to hospital following a fire involving a Segway board at a house in Ellesmere Port.

Firefighters were called to the property in Aldgate at around 1pm today (May 4) where they discovered a blaze in the living room.

Due to smoke inhalation, a woman was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Two engines from Ellesmere Port attended the scene and one hose reel was used to douse the electric transporter.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Firefighters were called to a fire in the living room of an address in Aldgate in Ellesmere Port.

"Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to put out the fire which involved a Segway. One woman was taken to hospital as a precaution due to smoke inhalation."