CREWS were called to a house in Chester after a fridge caught fire in the garage.

Two engines attended the blaze on Norwood Drive, Lache, at 8.45pm yesterday (March 25).

Nobody was injured as a result of the incident.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "On arrival crews discovered that the fire was in the garage of an occupied detached domestic property.

"The electricity supply was isolated and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went inside the garage.

"A covering jet was set up and firefighters extinguished the fire with a hose reel jet. They also cleared smoke caused by the fire with a large fan.

"Once the fire looked to be out firefighters damped the fridge and the garage down to make it safe. They turned over materials affected by the fire and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.

"Once they were satisfied that the fire was completely out and the address was safe firefighters left the scene. They were in attendance for around an hour.

"No-one was injured or suffered from the effects of smoke inhalation as a result of the fire."