A WREXHAM teenager guilty of being drunk and disorderly in Chester city centre was in breach of his suspended sentence for a second time.

And after magistrates at Chester Magistrates Court heard on Friday, September 13 that Tyler John Harrison, of Shones Lane, Llay, had not complied with parts of his community order, they sent him to jail for 16 weeks.

Prosecuting, Hannah Scott told the court it was 1am on August 25 when a plain-clothes police officer was on patrol when he saw Harrison squaring off with another man on Eastgate Street.

The pair, who appeared to be heavily intoxicated, said they were friends and there was nothing serious going on.

They left the scene but the officer saw them 10 minutes later being aggressive towards each other on Watergate Street.

Harrison was verbally abusive to the officer, calling him a "four-eyed c***" and tried to escape.

At this point in the court case, one of Harrison's supporters in the public gallery, who had been laughing as the facts were read out, was ordered to leave by chair of magistrates Jean Banford.

Ms Scott added Harrison had also lurched forward towards the officer as if to headbutt him.

Harrison had nine previous convictions for 18 offences and was in breach of a suspended sentence of 18 weeks, suspended for two years, imposed in North Wales for battery.

Defending, Chris Johnson said Harrison had been "foolish in the extreme" but had an offer of employment which would hopefully give him the opportunity to finish growing up.

Following the first breach of his suspended sentence in July, Harrison had fully complied with the new requirement of a 12-week curfew.

A report from probation heard Harrison was at high risk of serious harm and had only completed one of the 40 days of a rehabilitation activity requirement, having missed scheduled and rescheduled appointments.

Chair of magistrates Jean Banford said while the suspended sentence had been activated, it would be reduced from 18 weeks to 16 weeks due to Harrison complying with the curfew.

She added: "Maybe this will give you the opportunity to think about your behaviour."

Harrison was also fined £50 for being drunk and disorderly.