Akwasi Asante's perfect hat-trick helped Chester secure a convincing 3-1 victory at National League North rivals Telford United.

The prolific striker took his tally to the season for 11 as the Blues made it three successive league wins despite losing full-back Jamie Morgan to an 80th minute red card.

Victory delighted the vociferous travelling support, 775 of whom packed the away section of New Bucks Head in Shropshire.

In a dominant first half, Chester showcased their quality to devastating effect as Gavin Cowan's United struggled to contain the Blues' latent attacking strength.

The hosts briefly showed some fight in the opening exchanges as full-back Theo Streete curled a dangerous ball across the face of Chester's goal, which lacked a decisive touch from a team mate.

Ellis Deeney, brother of Premier League striker Troy, then attempted a speculative effort from 25 yards out which was easily cleared by Blues centre half Danny Livesey.

On nine minutes Asante then spurned a glorious chance to put his side ahead, dragging his close-range effort wide of the target after a smart cutback from Brad Jackson.

But the talismanic Dutch striker was quick to atone two minutes later, rising highest to head home from Matty Hughes' measured delivery to the near post.

Galvanised by their opener Chester swept upfield with a succession of menacing attacks with full-back Joel Taylor the next to try his luck with a dipping effort from 20 yards that flashed inches wide of Andy Wycherley's goal.

Taylor was involved again midway through the half as his long throw into the box reached Asante, who was unable to wrap his left foot around the ball and skewed just wide of the target.

Once again though, the uncharacteristic miss was swiftly followed with a more clinical finish.

Receiving the ball in midfield, the advancing Taylor slipped a measured through-ball for the on-running Asante whose first-time effort beat Wycherley and struck the post before the Blues number nine slotted home the rebound for his tenth goal of the season.

A two-goal lead was no more than Chester deserved as they gradually turned the screw on United, who grew increasingly ragged as the half wore on.

There was no let-up from the relentless visitors either as Anthony Dudley brilliantly spun away from two Telford defenders before finding Matty Hughes, whose final ball for Brad Jackson was just overhit.

And the Blues shirts were queuing up to get on the scoresheet just before the break with Asante's blasted effort from the edge of the box well saved by Wycherley, before Hughes backheeled the rebound for Dudley whose effort was also blocked.

Two-nil up and coasting, Chester played with as much belief after the restart - looking to break forward at every opportunity.

Morgan typified the Blues' swaggering confidence as he tore down the right flank and beat fellow full-back Ross White before seeing his cross smartly cut out by Zak Lilly.

There was little surprise when Chester opened up a three-goal lead just after the hour mark when Jackson raced clear down the right and sent a teasing ball across the face of goal that Wycherley could only palm into Asante's path, which he then scrambled home on the half-volley from eight yards.

Finally spurred into life, Telford upped the intensity and it took a superb reflex save from Blues stopper Russ Griffiths to repel Darryl Knights' downward header from close range.

But the deficit was cut on 68 minutes when substitute Lewis Reilly buried a far post header from Chris Lait's left-wing cross.

Hopes of an unlikely fightback grew stronger in the final 10 minutes of the game as Chester were reduced to 10 men, Morgan shown a straight red for a poor challenge on Lait.

The contest grew increasingly physical in the closing stages with Simon Grand tangling with United substitute James McQuilkin on the edge of the Chester box and Brendon Daniels curling the resultant free-kick onto the crossbar.

Despite Telford's late rally, this was another assured away day display for Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley's title-chasing side.