CHESTER FC'S players will have to wait two weeks to right the wrongs of their 8-1 hammering at the hands of Blyth Spartans.

That's because the Blues have been forced to postpone tomorrow night's scheduled National League North home encounter with Kidderminster Harriers due to severe water damage at the Swansway Stadium.

Chester had already postponed the clash with Kidderminster from last Tuesday, while Saturday's scheduled meeting with FC United of Manchester also fell foul to the ongoing issues at the stadium.

An update from the Blues read: Specialist examination is currently being undertaken to estimate repairs required and the timeline needed for the stadium to be safely opened to meet forthcoming fixtures."

The postponements mean that Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley's men will next be in action on Saturday as they visit AFC Telford United.

York City have parted company with manager Martin Gray after their unconvincing start to the National League North season.

The Minstermen drew 1-1 with Curzon Ashton on Saturday, but had already lost to Stockport and Ashton, forcing the club to act.

A statement read: "York City Football Club has today parted company with manager Martin Gray.

"The club has informed Martin that his contract will not be renewed and he has now left his post with immediate effect.

"The club's board of directors would like to thank Martin for his services and wishes him all the best for the future.

"The board of directors provided Martin with all the necessary financial support to rebuild his squad this summer after the team had missed out on last season's promotion play-offs.

"Regrettably, it is felt that a change is now needed.

"Assistant manager Sean Gregan is also leaving with immediate effect and the board thanks him for his services and wishes him all the best for the future."

Kidderminster took their frustrations out on Darlington as they secured a 5-2 home win, while Brackley thumped Ashton 5-1 and Southport won 4-1 at Nuneaton.

Telford won by the odd goal in five at Spennymoor, Alfreton beat Blyth 3-1 and Boston left Altrincham with a 2-0 triumph.

Chorley won 1-0 against Hereford, while Bradford PA and Stockport drew 1-1 and Leamington and Guiseley shared four goals and the points.