OLD REDDING THE HARROW (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS) (AMENDMENT NO. 110) TRAFFIC ORDER 2021Notice ID: WAT2227648
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW
OLD REDDING THE HARROW (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS) (AMENDMENT NO. 110) TRAFFIC ORDER 2021
1. Notice is hereby given that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow on 11 October 2021 made the above-mentioned Order under sections 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended by section 8 of and Part 1 of Schedule 5 to the Local Government Act 1985 and the Road Traffic Act 1991.
2. The general effect of the 'Waiting and Loading Restrictions' Order will be further to amend the Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) Order 2014, so that:
(a) waiting by vehicles (otherwise than for the purpose of delivering or collecting goods or loading or unloading a vehicle) will be prohibited at any time in Old Redding, Harrow Weald;
(b) the sale or offer for sale of goods from a vehicle will be prohibited, except on Sundays, unless there is in force a valid licence issued by Harrow Council to sell goods from a stationary vehicle on a pitch in that street or the goods are immediately taken into or delivered at premises adjacent to the vehicle from which the sale is effected;
(c) the use of any vehicle or of any animal or the wearing of fancy dress or other costume, wholly or mainly for the purpose of advertising will be prohibited.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above will not apply in respect of anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or in certain circumstance, eg, the picking up or setting down of passengers; the carrying out of statutory powers or duties; the taking in of petrol, etc; to licensed street traders etc. The usual exemption relating to vehicles displaying a disabled person's "Blue Badge" will apply.
4. A copy of the Order, which will come into operation on 25 October 2021, of a map of the relevant area and of relevant previous Orders can be inspected until the end of 6 weeks from the date on which the Order was made at
or at Qreenhill Library, Perceval Square, College Road, Harrow, HA1 1GX between the hours of 10am to 6pm Monday to Saturday.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Order may, within 6 weeks of the date on which the Order was made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 14 October 2021
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA