ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED - SECTION 14Notice ID: BRI2144308
LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED - SECTION 14
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC KENT ROAD ORPINGTON
NOTICE OF INTENTION
1. The Council of the London Borough of Bromley HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that in order for Openreach to complete essential fibre optic related works THEY INTEND to make an Order the effect of which will be to impose the following restrictions on vehicular traffic:-
Kent Road Orpington will be closed to through traffic for up to two days from Saturday 07th August 2021. The point of the closure will be between the junctions of Lower Road and Cray Avenue A224. The closure will be in place for the entire duration of works.
Displaced traffic on Kent Road/Lower Road will be diverted via: -
Lower Road and Cray Avenue.
Displaced traffic on Cray Avenue will be diverted via: -
Cray Avenue, then via the one-way system at Orpington High Street, Chislehurst Road, Goodmead Road, Perry Hall Road, Orpington High Street, then straight ahead into Lower Road. This is due to the no left turn restriction in place at Cray Avenue junction with Lower Road.
2. THE Order will come into effect on Saturday 07th August 2021 with no specified finish date.
3. NOTHING in this Order shall apply to anything done with the permission or direction of a Police Officer in uniform or a Traffic Warden.
4. THE restriction referred to in this Order shall not apply to vehicles being used in connection with the works.
5. ACCESS to properties will be maintained at all times, however vehicles will need to follow the diversion signs displayed on site whilst the closure is in place. Emergency access and egress routes will be maintained at all times. Pedestrian access will be available at all times during the works.
6. ALTHOUGH the Order will have a maximum duration of 18 months, it is expected that the actual works will take up to two days to complete and will begin on or after the commencement date of the Order.
7. THE prohibitions referred to in paragraph 1 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
8. IF you have any queries regarding these works please contact the Council's Environmental Services Department (Street Services Section) on 020 8461 7507.
COLIN BRAND Director of Environment and Public Protection
Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley BR1 3UH
THE LONDON BOROUGH