ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED - SECTION 14 (1) (C)Notice ID: BRI2144322
LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED - SECTION 14 (1) (C)
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC VARIOUS ROADS WITHIN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY
NOTICE OF INTENTION
1. The Council of the London Borough of Bromley HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that In order for Southern Gas Networks (SGN) to complete essential gas main replacement works In the streets listed In the Schedule below THEY INTEND to make an Order the effect of which will be to Impose the following restrictions on vehicular traffic:-
(1) WAITING VEHICLES
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to wait in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street or part of a street adjacent thereto as may become necessary.
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction on waiting imposed by this Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986, or by the Council in accordance with the powers conferred upon it.
(2) PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street adjacent thereto.
(3) ONE-WAY WORKING
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street adjacent thereto, in a direction other than indicated by traffic signs.
NB: During the prohibitions at (2) and (3) above, displaced traffic will be diverted via local streets as appropriate.
NB: The above prohibitions at (2) will not apply to cul-de-sacs.
2. THE Order will come into effect on Monday 09th August 2021 with no specified finish date.
3. THE Order will have a maximum duration of 18 months and works will begin on or after the commencement date of the order.
4. THE Order will only apply during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5. NOTHING in this Order shall apply to anything done with the permission or direction of a Police Officer in uniform or a Traffic Warden.
6. THE restriction referred to in this Order shall not apply to vehicles being used in connection with the works.
7. ACCESS to properties will be maintained as far as is practicable from either side of the closure as appropriate. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times. Emergency access and egress routes will be maintained at all times.
8. IF you have any queries regarding these works please contact the Council's Environmental Services Department (Street Services Section) on 020 8461 7507.
COLIN BRAND Director of Environment and Public Protection
Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley BR1 3UH
THE LOhDON BOROUGH
SGN Gas Connection Works
Barwood Avenue, West Wickham Kent Road, West Wickham Manor Park Close, West Wickham Manor Park Road, West Wickham Ravenswood Crescent, West Wickham