ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED -SECTION 14Notice ID: BRI2079331
LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED -SECTION 14
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC PETTS WOOD ROAD PETTS WOOD
NOTICE OF MAKING AN ORDER
1. The Council of the London Borough of Bromley HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that in order for Openreach to complete essential telecommunications maintenance and fibre optic related works THEY HAVE MADE an Order the effect of which will be to impose the following restrictions on vehicular traffic:-
Petts Wood Road Petts Wood will be closed to through traffic for up to two days from Saturday 15th May 2021. The road will be closed to Westbound traffic at the junction of Chislehurst Road. Eastbound traffic (travelling towards Poverest Road) will be unaffected. The closure will be in place for the entire duration of works. Displaced traffic will be diverted via:-
Chislehurst Road A208, Crofton Lane, St John's Road and Tudor Way.
2. THE prohibitions referred to in paragraph 1 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
3. THE Order will come into effect on Saturday 15th May 2021 with no specified finish date.
4. ALTHOUGH the Order will have a maximum duration of 18 months, it is expected that the works will take up to two days to complete and will begin on or after the commencement date of the Order.
5. NOTHING in this Order shall apply to anything done with the permission or direction of a Police Officer or Traffic Warden.
6. THE restriction referred to in this Order shall not apply to vehicles being used in connection with the work.
7. ACCESS to properties will be maintained as far as is practicable from either side of the closure as appropriate. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times. Emergency access and egress routes will be maintained at all times.
8. IF you have any queries regarding these works please contact the Council's Environmental Services Department (Street Services Section) on 020 8461 7507.
COLIN BRAND Director of Environment and Public Protection
Civic Centre Stockwell Close Bromley