LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED - Section 14 TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC ELMSTEAD LANE CHISLEHURSTNotice ID: BRI1714752
LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED - Section 14 TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC ELMSTEAD LANE CHISLEHURST
NOTICE OF INTENTION
I.The Council of the London Borough of Bromley HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that in order for Network Rail to complete essential maintenance works on the railway bridge at Elmstead Lane THEY INTEND to make an Order the effect of which will be to impose the following restrictions on vehicular traffic:-
Elmstead Lane Chislehurst will be closed to through traffic for up to three consecutive nights from Monday 1st June 2020 between the hours of 22.00 until 06.00 on each night. The point of the closure will be at the railway bridge between the junctions of Station Approach and Southill Road.
Displaced traffic will be diverted via:-Walden Road Yester Road Sundridge Avenue
2. THE Order will come into effect on Monday 1 st June 2020 with no specified finish date.
3. NOTHING in this Order shall apply to anything done with the permission or direction of a Police Officer in uniform or a Traffic Warden.
4. THE restriction referred to in this Order shall not apply to vehicles being used in connection with the works
5. ACCESS to properties will be maintained as far as is practicable from either side of the closure as appropriate. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times. Emergency access and egress routes will be maintained at all times.
6. ALTHOUGH the Order will have a maximum duration of 18 months, it is expected that the actual works will take up to three consecutive nights to complete and will begin on or after the commencement date of the Order.
7. THE prohibitions referred to in paragraph 1 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
8. IF you have any queries regarding these works please contact the Council's Environmental Services Department (Street Services Section) on 020 8461 7507.
Director of Environment and Public Protection Civic Centre Stockwell Close
Bromley BR1 3UH