FIREFIGHTERS were called after a fire broke out in a chip shop.
Two fire crews – one from Ellesmere Port and the other from Mollington – turned out to the blaze sparked by one of the fryers in a chip shop on Hope Farm Road in Ellesmere Port.
It was reported to Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service at just after 4pm yesterday.
A Cheshire fire spokesman said: “Firefighters have been tackling a blaze at a chip shop on Hope Farm Road.
“The gas supply to the fryer range was isolated as firefighters, two wearing breathing apparatus, used a foam jet to bring the blaze under control.
“A hose reel jet was used to damp down surrounding areas and the wall cavity. The fire involved one of the fryers.”