A MAN released from prison last month has been made the subject of an interim order banning him from contact with children.
Cheshire Police are seeking an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO) against Mark Donaghey, 52, of Elaine Close, Great Sutton, Ellesmere Port.
A full hearing will take place on May 26, but in the meantime he must abide by eight rules which include not exposing his genitals in public or approaching youngsters.
Representing the police at the hearing at West Cheshire Magistrates Court on Friday, barrister James Coutts said: “The view of the police is that he is a very high risk offender.”
In 2005 Donaghey admitted two counts of indecent behaviour and asked for five similar offences to be taken into account.
He was jailed for almost seven years, with a further five on licence. He was then recalled to spend the entire licence period behind bars and was released at the end of January this year.
Mr Coutts told the court that the parole board had concerns as to whether he was a “reformed character”.
Representing Donaghey, Mark Lever did not oppose the interim order but said there may be submissions regarding the terms and length of the full order.
He said a risk assessment would be carried out on Donaghey before the hearing in May.
Magistrates' chairman Andrew Platt said the bench considered there was due reason to impose the interim order ahead of the full hearing.
Other terms of the interim order include: no contact with children under 16 'unless unavoidable in the course of every day life'; not to make or keep pictures of children without their parents' permission; not using the internet unless on a device that shows web history which can be inspected by police at any time.