FIREFIGHTERS were called to deal with a fire at a block of flats in Chester.
Four fire engines, from Chester, Mollington and Ellesmere Port, were called to reports of a fire at Haygarth Heights in Francis Court just after 7.30pm yesterday (Monday, January 8).
The fire involved a small waste paper bin and is believed to have been started by a cigarette.
Haygarth Heights in Francis Court, Chester
A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Shortly after 7.30pm firefighters were called to reports of a fire at Haygarth Heights, Chester. Crews from Chester, Ellesmere Port and Powey Lane swiftly attended the scene and found the fire involved a small waste paper bin.
“Crews used water to extinguish the fire which is believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette.”